Nicola Adams has been forced to pull out of Strictly Come Dancing after her professional partner Katya Jones tested positive for coronavirus, it has been announced.
The pair made show history by becoming the first same-sex pairing to take to the dancefloor and earned plaudits in week two for their couples' choice routine to Years & Years' 'Shine'.
Jones's positive COVID-19 diagnosis came as part of the show's rigorous testing regime and as per government guidelines, she must now isolate for 10 days.
In a statement, the BBC said that Jones is asymptomatic and confirmed that Adams has tested negative, although she must now enter isolation for a fortnight.
Speaking about her premature exit, the boxer said: "Hey guys! I'm absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon. I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for!
"But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for. She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it's been an incredible experience.
"I'm gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the COVID measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I'm doing what I can to help.
"I'll be spending the next 14 days isolating so I'd like to apologise in advance for the ridiculous amount of TikToks I'll be posting, in my new found free time when I'm not gaming!"
Jones added: "Dancing with Nicola has been an absolute inspiration. She's given her all each and every week and we were so excited to create more dances in the competition.
"Of course, I'm devastated to leave this way but I've made a friend for life and loved every moment of this special journey. I'd like to wish good luck to all the remaining couples!"
Strictly executive producer Sarah James said: "We are incredibly sad that these unfortunate circumstances mean that Nicola and Katya are unable to continue on Strictly.
They are a brilliant partnership and had already achieved so much during their time on the show.
"We'd like to thank them for their commitment and although their time in the competition has sadly come to an end we are hopeful that there will be opportunities for them to dance again in the future."
The BBC confirmed that the remaining nine couples in the competition are "unaffected" by coronavirus and the show will go ahead as planned this Saturday on BBC One.