Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest news regarding Formula 1 on Friday, August 21.
Friday morning's Formula 1 news roundup:
Fernando Alonso has admitted he is unlikely to complete his target of securing the 'triple crown' this weekend.
The two-time world champion, who is returning to Formula 1 with Renault next year after a two year sabbatical, only needs victory at the Indy 500 to add to his previous Monaco and Le Mans wins.
Currently preparing in Indianapolis, it is his third visit to the fabled oval Speedway, having retired from the race in 2017 and failing even to qualify last year.
This year, he has qualified just 26th as he again races with a McLaren-linked team.
"I came to try to win - I came to win, which is a huge challenge," Alonso told Spanish media this week.
"I could have gone to Barcelona to be with Renault but I came here, just like I went to Dakar.
"I know how difficult it is to be competitive here, which we saw in qualifying, but it doesn't change my perspective for the race."
Alonso thinks his 2020 chances were affected by his practice crash a week ago.
"In my case it (the grid position) is perhaps understandable after the accident, which forced us to rebuild parts of the car and work more carefully," he said.
"I have a lot to do in this race, I know that, but we are going to try because luck can still smile on us," he added.
Every team has signed up to the 2021-2025 Concorde Agreement, finally ending a long period of uncertainty for Formula 1.
Earlier, clouds floated over the commitment of teams like Renault and even Mercedes, whose boss Toto Wolff said as recently as Silverstone that the reigning champions are the "biggest victims" of Liberty's proposed deal.
But smaller teams like backmarker Williams say the new agreement, featuring "more equitable revenue distribution", is a "significant opportunity to continue on our journey back towards the front of the grid".
The small American team Haas is also celebrating, after owner Gene Haas openly admitted to contemplating pulling out of F1 until mere days ago.
"We've committed to five more years in F1," Haas announced on Twitter.
It is believed that Mercedes' main objection to Liberty's terms was the continuing preferential contractual status of its rival Ferrari.
Corriere della Sera said that while FIA president Jean Todt brags about the new Concorde making F1 "more sustainable, fair and exciting", Ferrari will still be paid more and retain its controversial rules veto.
"Ferrari's first victory of the year was at the negotiating table," the Italian newspaper declared.
Former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, however, defended Ferrari's preferential status.
"We paid Ferrari more than anyone else because we got permission to use their brand," he told Auto Motor und Sport this week.
"That way, we made sure that Ferrari would never change their name - they couldn't have called themselves Alfa Romeo or Maserati during the term of the contract. That would have made the Formula 1 worth a lot less," Ecclestone added.
More news from Formula 1:
Ferrari 'very satisfied' with Concorde terms - Binotto
Ferrari is "very satisfied" with the terms of its deal with Formula 1 under the newly-signed 2021-2025 Concorde Agreement. Read more.
US-based investment firm Dorilton Capital acquires Williams F1 team
Deputy team principal Claire Williams says the future of the team is 'in good hands'. Read more.