Manchester United have allegedly made a breakthrough in their attempt to sign Borussia Dortmund attacker Jadon Sancho during this summer's transfer window.
The 20-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford in recent months, although BVB have insisted on a number of occasions that they will not be selling him before the October deadline.
United were thought to be struggling to resolve the problem of agent fees and personal terms and have been reluctant to approach Dortmund until the issues had been ironed out.
However, according to Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth, strong progress between Sancho's representatives and the 20-time English champions has been made, suggesting that a deal could go through before the transfer window closes on October 5.
"I've been speaking to somebody close to a potential deal involving Jadon Sancho to Manchester United and in the past 24 hours there have been developments and potentially good news for Manchester United fans, because the issues of agent fees and personal terms, I've been told, are no longer a problem," said Sheth.
"We understand that United remain very resolute and determined to not overpay for a player given the realities of the coronavirus pandemic, but given that this was the issue for the past two or three weeks that Manchester United weren't making a bid because they needed to sort out agent fees and personal terms for Jadon Sancho, this appears to be some sort of a breakthrough."
Dortmund are believed to value Sancho, who scored 20 times and registered 20 assists at club level during the 2019-20 campaign, in the region of £108m.