Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed that a meeting with Manchester United took place earlier this year to discuss a possible move for Jadon Sancho.
The 19-year-old has been in impressive form for Dortmund during the early stages of the new season - scoring three times and registering four assists in five appearances in all competitions.
Sancho also netted his first England goals in Tuesday's 5-3 win over Kosovo, and United are believed to be desperate to bring the former Manchester City teenager to Old Trafford.
Zorc - speaking on the Inside Borussia Dortmund documentary series on Amazon Prime - revealed that United had met with the Bundesliga giants over a potential deal, but neither the club nor Sancho were interested in a summer exit.
"A hot topic right now is Sancho and Manchester United. Both his discussions with the club and mine with the consultants. A meeting did take place. Manchester United invited the consultant," said Zorc.
"But according to what I know, the consultant told the club that no matter how much money they offer, we won't let him go this summer. But the player also has no intention of taking that step this summer."
Sancho, who has registered 17 goals and 27 assists in 60 outings for Dortmund, rejected the chance to sign a new contract with Pep Guardiola's side to continue his career in Germany's top flight.body check tags ::