Here, Sports Mole rounds up the latest news snippets from across the footballing world, including Gonzalo Higuain's praise for Cristiano Ronaldo, Jose Mourinho's comments on Frank Lampard and a budget backing for Steve Bruce. Scroll down for more!
Higuain: 'Ronaldo more complete now'
Gonzalo Higuain has revealed his delight at being reunited with Cristiano Ronaldo at Juventus last season, five years after they last played together at Real Madrid. "I hadn't played with Cristiano for many years and when I stopped playing with him, he was younger," Higuain told Sky Sports Italy. "Now I've found a more complete player, who has grown in terms of ambition, trying to win everything and set new records. Honestly, I'm very happy to have found him again."
Mourinho backs Lampard for Chelsea success
Jose Mourinho has given his backing to Frank Lampard following his return to Chelsea in the role of manager. The pair spent more than four years together at Stamford Bridge under Mourinho's two spells as boss, during which time Lampard became the club's all-time record goalscorer, and the Portuguese believes that his extensive experience a player will stand him in good stead now he is in charge.
"He plays for big things. He plays Champions League, he played a European Super Cup, he had already big matches in his hands, and he has to grow up with the level of experiences, which I believe he can because he has huge experience," Mourinho is quoted as saying by Sky Sports News. "I cannot separate from the fact that football has been always in his life. He was born son of a player, he grew up [nephew] of a football manager, he became a player, he became a top player... I think he has all the conditions to succeed."
Steve Bruce 'gets January backing'
Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce will be given backing in the January transfer window in order to strengthen in wide areas, according to The Chronicle. The newspaper says that Bruce wants wingers "with pace and power" and is eyeing Sevilla's Rony Lopes as a possible target.
Nuno explains Ryan Bennett omission
Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Nuno Espirito Santo has explained that Ryan Bennett's surprise axe from the side that lost to Chelsea on Saturday was down to tactical reasons. The defender started in all four of the side's Premier League games this season prior to the visit of the Blues and was a virtual ever-present last term, but Nuno told the Birmingham Mail: "It's a decision. We decided to play Jesus, Coady and Saiss. It's about the profiles, we had Max on the bench because of that. I have a solution where Dendoncker can come back and do that. It's about the right profile and the shape of the team."
Sarri: 'I have no problems with Emre Can'
Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri has said he is "disappointed" to have had to leave Emre Can out of his Champions League squad this season. The German said that he was 'shocked and angry' at the decision, but speaking to reporters, Sarri insisted it was nothing personal. "These difficulties show the great strength of our squad," he said. "It's normal that when a player suffers because of a strong and radical decision, there's an emotional aspect to be taken into account. We must give him the opportunity to get everything off his chest. I'm at the right age to understand his reaction."
Tyrone Mings surprised by own transfer fee
Tyrone Mings has admitted that he was shocked to learn that Aston Villa had paid a fee of £20m - potentially rising to £26.5m - to prise him away from Bournemouth over the summer. The defender told the Express & Star: "I knew Bournemouth wanted the money back for players they had signed, so I thought the figure would have been about £15m or £16m. Everyone would have looked at that and said: 'That's probably a good deal'. Then it went up to whatever it went up to in the end and people were looking at it thinking: 'I don't know whether we have had our pants pulled down here!'"
Chelsea accused of breaking transfer rules
Chelsea have been accused of breaking transfer rules by paying a 14-year-old boy then "parking" him with another club until he was legally allowed to sign for them earlier this year. German magazine Der Spiegel alleges that Austrian teen Thierno Ballo was paid £10,000 in 2016 then signed for a German fourth tier side before completing his Chelsea switch in January.
Alcacer hits out at Barcelona treatment
Paco Alcacer has accused some people at Barcelona of treating him "very badly" before he sealed a move to Borussia Dortmund last year. Ahead of the two sides' meeting in the Champions League tonight, the Spaniard told Cadena SER: "I have respect for many people and many colleagues, as many people at Barcelona treated me very well and others very badly. The players acted very well with me and the fans also, although others treated me badly. For me it was very important to see that they trusted me and many people did not prove it."body check tags ::