Ellen DeGeneres has hinted that she will address the recent controversies surrounding her talkshow directly on air.
Three executives on the show were fired last week following accusations of a toxic workplace culture and more serious allegations of sexual misconduct, threatening the future of the long-running series.
DeGeneres, 62, is said to have given an impassioned speech to staff after the sackings, insisting that the problems will be rectified, and now the Daily Mail says that she will go one step further and talk about what happened on air.
Cornered by media as she left a restaurant in LA on Monday, DeGeneres confirmed: "I will be talking to my fans."
The talkshow is on hiatus as usual for the summer but is due to return to the air on Monday, September 14.