Line Of Duty creator Jed Mercurio has said that he is hopeful that filming on the upcoming sixth series can be completed by Christmas.
Just four weeks of filming of a three-month shoot were completed before coronavirus led to production being shut down in March.
A report on Deadline had claimed that August 26 had been earmarked as a date for filming to restart, but Mercurio has now ruled out it happening this month.
"There are a few things to figure out, but we're working towards a day," he told the Radio Times. "I know a date has been talked about in the press, but as usual they got it wrong.
"We are working towards a day and if we can get over all the hurdles we will be back filming.
"We'd love to be on air next year, so we really have to make sure we complete our filming before Christmas."
The last series of the show, which aired in Spring 2019, averaged almost 13 million viewers.