Some of Coronation Street and Emmerdale's top stars are reportedly fearing the sack once the coronavirus pandemic has passed.
Production on both soaps stopped in late March as the UK entered lockdown, but Emmerdale began filming again last week while Corrie is expected to pick up again on June 1.
According to The Sun, various stars on both shows are concerned that their wages will take a significant hit due to the reduced episode counts, while others worry that they could be axed as part of cost-cutting measures.
"I've had several people on from Emmerdale – famous names who are very worried," one agent told the newspaper. "These are people who've been in the show for years and they were apprehensive for the future. Inevitably, the cast call will be far lower for each scene meaning people will be left at home and not getting paid.
"They also think that the longer this goes on the more ITV will realise they don't need so many people on the cast so when contracts come up for renewal, some people just won't have theirs renewed.
"I've had two big name stars on asking for work – anything they said. Voiceovers, reality TV, doing collabs on Instagram. I know the Corrie cast have the same fears, too."
Both soaps were expected to drop off air this summer once ITV had run out of new episodes but the return to filming has now significantly reduced the likelihood of a break in transmission.